transitioning

I thought perhaps I should update everyone on where we are and what we are doing.  I’m sure a lot of you have already heard by now, but we are headed to Scottsdale, AZ this week.

The search for a new permanent job has now been going on for 9 months.  I’m beat.  I’m worn out.  I’m drained.  And yet, the search continues.  We aren’t leaving Stockton for Scottsdale because there’s an awesome practice waiting there for us.  After much soul-searching, praying, discussion, options-weighing, and so forth, we’ve decided that we will try taking matters into our own hands.  For 9 months we have been waiting for some great job to come along and tell us where we should be living.  A month ago our landlord in Stockton served us a 30-day notice with no explanation.  At that point, we had to rethink what we were going to do.  It was then that we decided we loved the Phoenix metro area (after having spent a couple of days there for a job interview) and we really felt it was a good place for our family to live.  Schools are good, weather is warm just as we like it, it’s in close proximity to Vegas, there is a major international airport, and the large metro area provides all the amenities we love and enjoy.

So far, our lives are planned through August.  Doc Macgyver will be flying back and forth between Phoenix and Stockton to continue working part-time on contract in California until he finds a permanent option in Arizona.  It’s not ideal, but we’re hoping it will work and we can find something in the Phoenix area soon.  It’s a popular retirement area, so there is no shortage of Orthopedic need.

We had a place all lined up to rent in the school district and ward that we wanted.  Then on Friday, as I was returning home from Mexico, the landlord contacted me and said he could no longer rent the house.  We have several emails back and forth since then and are trying to work out some sort of agreement that will still allow us to live there but not as soon as we thought.  In the meantime, we will be living out of hotels.  And it is still up in the air as to whether we will get to move into that house that we fell in love with, or whether I will need to find an alternative rental super quick.

So that’s where we stand for now.  And on a side note, the trip with my friend to Mexico was absolutely lovely.  Pictures will be posted soon.  Here’s one to start…

Bookmark the permalink.